Vancouver, Washington Employment Attorneys Fight for Workers’ Rights
Aggressive representation for minimum-wage employees to top executives
In this struggling economy, workers often feel their employers can get away with anything: unpaid overtime, discriminatory practices, denial of workers’ compensation claims, and on and on. Fortunately, if you’re a worker in this position, Scott A. Miller, APC is ready to protect your rights and deliver remedies. Since 2004, our employment law firm has achieved results for workers through principled negotiation of grievances and vigorous litigation of actionable claims. We assist employees at all levels, from minimum-wage workers to executive management, and we are known to be:
- Aggressive — We are a no-nonsense litigation law firm with a deep commitment to justice for wronged workers and individuals who have been denied their civil rights.
- Perceptive — We understand the issues at play in employment disputes. We recognize when employers use ploys and tactics to deny workers their rights and take decisive steps to address these problems.
- Skillful — Whether negotiating in conference or litigating in open court, our attorneys have the experience, knowledge and skill to produce positive results for our clients.
Scott A. Miller provides individual attention to clients and takes a hands-on approach to case management. When you entrust us with your case, you get highly responsive legal counsel dedicated to your cause.
Experienced lawyers provide a full range of employment law services
From our Vancouver office, we represent employees throughout Washington on a variety of employment law issues, including:
- Discrimination — State and federal laws protect workers from discrimination on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, immigration status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, and sexual orientation. The law also protects workers from sexual harassment in the workplace. We help workers obtain equitable relief that ends the offending behavior and/or reverses adverse job actions, and in many cases, we can recover monetary damages for discriminatory treatment.
- Whistleblower protection — Your employer cannot retaliate against you when you assert a protected right or act as a whistleblower. If you bring a violation of the law to the attention of authorities or cooperate with an investigation, your employer cannot punish you or terminate you. Our firm helps protect targeted employees from adverse job actions. We also represent workers in qui tam actions, which allow workers with inside information to sue for fraud on behalf of the government and share in the funds the government recovers as a result.
- Severance agreements — We help executive employees enforce the terms of their severance agreements so they get the benefits they are due.
- Wage and overtime claims — We represent workers who are victims of violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). If you believe you are due wages or overtime from your employer, we can assist with your claim and, if necessary, litigate the case.
In addition to pursuing employment law claims, Scott A. Miller represents individuals and groups whose rights to free speech, peaceful assembly, or religious practice have been violated. Many of our civil rights cases involve allegations of police brutality, illegal search and seizure, false arrest, and unlawful imprisonment, which we have been able to resolve in our clients’ favor.
Contact our Vancouver, WA law firm to fight for your employment and civil rights
Scott A. Miller, APC is committed to protecting your constitutional rights and your rights under state and federal employment law. If your rights have been violated, we can provide the aggressive advocacy you need to obtain an appropriate remedy. Call us today at 844-253-1112 or contact us online to schedule a consultation at our Vancouver office.